End User Computing, the provision of desktops, laptops, software and printers, is one of the most expensive areas of IT for any organisation to provide.
It doesn’t matter if your workforce is large, small, geographically split, made up of many remote workers or all in one office, the effort required to manage and maintain this form of computing comes at a cost in terms of personnel, technical skill and time.
And if your core business isn’t IT, the expense tends to be even higher, a pure overhead which can be difficult to budget and justify. But without those resources at your disposal, the possibility of unscheduled downtime and an unproductive workforce stacks the cost even higher.
We give you the personnel and equipment you need, when you need them, at a pre-defined contracted rate. We also ensure that any downtime is minimal, because we don’t just guarantee response times; we guarantee fix times as well.
End User Computing
Our End User Computing service includes full asset lifecycle management, including:
- Delivery & Warehousing
- Configuration (including application images)
- Warranty & Repair
- End of Life
- Online Collection Request System
- Disposal (in compliance with the WEEE directive)
- On-Site and Off-Site Support Engineers
As well as the traditional method of desktop computing, we can offer solutions such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure utilising technologies such as virtualisation, cloud and utility computing to drive out further costs and also provide a “greener” IT environment.
During the life of the equipment, it will require a level of management. Our Desktop Management covers 3 areas; Desktop Support, Desktop Maintenance and End User Service Desk.
We will provide:
- Remote or on-site technical support for desktops, laptops and networked printers
- Manage the resolution of all technical issues, including connectivity, operating system (Windows or Novell) and hardware incidents
- Manage any other third-party support providers
- Undertake initial investigation of application software incidents, and escalate to an appropriate support provider if needed
- Manage remote updates for operating system and application software
- Track all reported incidents and provide regular status updates and reports.
We don’t just guarantee call response times; we guarantee fix times. By doing so, we help you minimise downtime and protect your hardware investment.
Our nationwide maintenance and support operation includes a central repair and refurbishment centre with engineering teams throughout Europe.
All bench repairs are made in the static-safe environment of our purpose-built workshops. We can also provide a bench or on-site repair service for many types of printers and other peripherals.
Our Service Desks are located at various global locations including Europe, the US, India and the Philippines. Our Service Desk teams are highly skilled at resolving requests for help, often without recourse to second-level support.
End User Computing & Desktop Management is for you if:
- You need to drive cost out of the business
- You need to move costs from Capex to Opex
- You need to replace ageing infrastructure (buildings/facilities, IT infrastructure)
- You need to reduce risk
- You need to increase service levels
- You need greater agility from your IT infrastructure
- Your highly skilled IT personnel are tied up with recurring administrative tasks
- The provision of Workplace Computing where and when you need it
- Known IT management costs with fixed-price contracts and lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Improved cost control
- Guaranteed SLAs including fix times
- Simple, efficient reporting of incidents with a single phone call to the Service Desk
- Managed escalation and reporting, relieving administrative burdens from your in-house resources
- Greater user satisfaction and increased productivity
- Release of skilled technical personnel from routine, time-consuming tasks
- Maximise return from IT investment and improved efficiency of systems operations
- Security, resilience, availability and consistency
- Deploy applications without worrying about the IT infrastructure or skill sets to manage them
- Obtain the benefit of the economies of scale
To find out more about our End User Computing and Desktop Management, simply complete the Contact Request Form and we’ll be in touch.